How to Remove a Hot Tub
When you’ve got an old hot tub that’s a constant eyesore, you want to do whatever it takes to get rid of it. However, you might not understand all the intricate steps that go into a successful hot tub removal. So, how’s it done? What’s to do? Thankfully, here at Mike’s Hauling Services, we know a thing or two about hot tub removal—and we’d love to pass on some of our knowledge.
It’s a long process, but it’s not impossible. Generally, hot tub removal consists of the following steps:
- Draining and disconnecting the hot tub
- Removing concrete if necessary
- Cutting up the hot tub if necessary
- Hauling away the pieces
- Final cleanup
While it may seem obvious, it’s important to go over this step. Before all else, the hot tub has to be drained and disconnected in order to facilitate a successful hot tub removal.
Draining and Disconnecting Steps
- Drain the hot tub of any remaining water.
- Next, disconnect the tub from any connections.
- These may include plumbing, electricity, and gas.
- Use the tub’s guidebook to ensure you disconnect everything.
- Once you’ve done this, proceed to the next step.
For in-ground hot tubs, concrete removal may be required. While concrete removal is tricky business, it can be accomplished using the correct tools.
Concrete Removal Steps
- Ensure you are wearing the correct protective gear.
- This includes gloves, protective eyewear, and earplugs.
- Next, use an appropriate tool to remove the concrete.
- A diamond blade saw is the best tool to use for precise cuts.
- Otherwise, you may use a sledgehammer or a jackhammer.
An important step in how to take apart a hot tub can be cutting it into smaller, easy-to-manage pieces. This can turn the hauling process into a breeze instead of a headache.
Hot Tub Cutting Steps
- The best tool to choose for this step is a reciprocating blade.
- Be sure to wear the same protective gear from the previous section.
- Now, carefully slice the tub into several, lighter pieces.
- Once complete, you are now ready for the final steps.
Lastly, now that your hot tub is ready to be hauled away, the rest of the work is straightforward. Just take the junk, carry it away for disposal, and clean up the rest! You’re almost at the end now!
Hauling and Cleanup Steps
- Haul the pieces away. Get help if necessary.
- Try to use local recycling to keep it eco-friendly.
- Now, clean up what’s left at the hot tub site.
- Fill in holes if necessary.
- Voila! You’ve reclaimed the space that the hot tub was using.
How to Get Rid of a Hot Tub… Without the Hassle
Need to know how to remove a hot tub, but don’t want to do it on your own? You might not have the time or patience to take on this arduous task alone. We get it. That’s why at Mike’s Hauling Service, based in North Ridgeville, we offer full-service hot tub removal so you don’t have to do it yourself.
- Call us or book online to get an appointment!
- We’ll be happy to give you a no-cost estimate.
- We even have same-day and next-day availability.
What’s great about our hot tub removal services is our professional experience. With us, you don’t have to figure out how to do it yourself—instead, you can just trust the pros who have been doing it for years. And, what’s more, we do it all for a great price, too!
- We have simple, volume-based pricing that’s upfront and honest.
- We’re fully insured, so don’t worry about any liability.
- Save yourself the time and stress and choose Mike’s instead!
To save $20
To save $20